How the System Works and How to Work the System - A Primer
Please help Advocacy School identify which types of training are most in demand and which we should schedule for live-on-line webinars or arrange in-person Advocacy School sessions to be presented in various communities. Indicating your interest at this time does not constitute registration for this training and creates no obligation to participate. When sessions are scheduled, Advocacy School will get back to you with details.
How the System Works and How to Work the System: A Primer on Effective Public-Policy Advocacy
This is a full-day workshop (not currently available in webinar format) on advocacy and lobbying for individuals and organizations who want to learn more about how to organize one’s time, resources and issue management to legitimately influence decisions of government at federal, provincial or local levels. in this highly interactive session, participants will be provided with templates, check lists and other tools to get them started - or help them re-think their current approach.
- Six reasons why organizations fail in their advocacy
- How the “system” works – key features of political and government decision-making
- How to work the system – practical tips to maximize effectiveness
- The many sounds of “no” – dealing with resistance
- Developing an advocacy strategy and plan – including templates
- Optional strategic approaches and tactics